The advice we would give our ten year old selves is similar to the advice we can still learn from all these years later…
Don’t be in a hurry to grow up.
- Enjoy you are 10 years old! (It will only get harder).
- As a kid, you can get away with a lot…. USE IT!
You are beautiful in your way and in many ways.
- Keep your eyebrows! Don’t start waxing!
- Ask that guy out yourself.
Don’t be scared to dream BIG!
- Work hard but remember you don’t ALWAYS have to be strong!
- Education is very important but you cannot be good at everything!
- Accept that you sometimes need to do things you don’t like.
- But, you always have the right to say NO!
Sleep is important.
Listen to yourself. Trust your feelings.
- Self-love/ compassion is very important!
- Be confident in being different. You have many reasons to be confident.
- Remember – what is important today, won’t be important tomorrow.
Do YOU really WANT to do that?
- Value yourself – You matter, you’re enough.
- Do you really need more ‘things’?
- Do more art (or whatever you love).
- Explore, play, enjoy!
Be kind to others.
- Empathy is NOT a bad thing!
- Don’t worry too much about the opinions of others, you cannot make everyone else happy.
- Accept compliments, like you do criticism….
Friendship is important. You will find your people.
- You are doing great!
- It will get better.
- You are not alone.
- Keep going….